Luna moth laying eggs on the side of my house
Here is the first finished product. Well, it’s finished enough to use. I’m going to sand and bevel the edges a bit but it is basically finished. There were lots of lessons that John and I learned along the way but I’m pretty happy with the finished product. We have a few ideas for improving the designs and techniques. I will most likely make this one again one more time at some point and incorporate our ideas and suggestions we have gotten.
I am extremely happy with coloring of the dye. John commented that it looks kind of western. I think that is fitting since it is designed for a revolver. What can I say? I’m an old fashioned kind of guy.
I had a chance to do a little more work on my leather pancake holster. Basically the stitching on the front part of the holster is now done. I decided to leave the bottom open to make sure that the trigger guard fits into the holster deep enough. The result is that the end of the barrel is visible at the bottom of the holster. I’m pretty happy with that look. As you can see, I stamped my initials into the mouth stiffener.
The next steps are to cut the slots for the belt, to sand the edges so that they are flush, and to stain it. I’m going to use a dark brown stain. I’ll be doing these next steps tonight.
By the way, the revolver pictured here is a Taurus .357 snub nose revolver.